The overall goal is to maximize the learning potential from Ketzin, which provides a unique opportunity to access field samples. By analyzing recovered downhole materials and compare to available data from logging-and monitoring tools, we can answer questions such as:
- When, where, why and how does materials fail when they are present in a CCS well environment?
- When and how should various matrials be remediated?
- Which materials are best suited for use in CO2 wells?
- How can (pre-)failure situations best be detected from downhole logging and monitoring data?
- What is the reliability of today's instruments?
- How can monitoring technology be advanced